Saturday, August 19, 2017

Electric




Flow

I wish I thought less
Then I would write it all down
Rather than let the thoughts
Disappear through the night

Let me try now
To write and and think at the same time
It seems impossible
Rather

The only way to accomplish it
Is to write with a natural
Flow
That is unresponsive

To the outside world
To ones own echo
That seems to incinerate
Thoughts as they escape

I wish I wrote about my dreams
As soon as I woke up
When they were fresh in my mind
But

The memory of that dream is foggy now
For that time has passed
And now I can only hope
To write something lesser than

All my writings are lesser than
What I wish they could be
What I want them to be
What they could be

And it seems that I believe
writing requires deep pain
or deep analysis
or something that is deep

When it only requires the actual action
and the refutation
Of anything
That causes one to deny the action

And so when I do deny myself
Why do I?
Why do we all
We are excused not to

But at night I feel the electricity
The beats that flow
in the air
through the unfolding darkness

I feel the flow.














No comments:

Post a Comment