Friday, August 25, 2017



Starchild 

Now is when
My muscles ache
My thighs tremble
My hands crumple

Within the compound of a hellish world
Where pain berates 
And guilt succeeds 
Where shame dictates

I look upon the dying sun
It's colossal structure 
An ode to my own strength
To the fire within

And then I look down at myself 
Lying in a puddle of sweat 
Subject to my own limitations 
To my own weakness

But there is fire
And it burns forever 
Like my shining arbiter 
That blazes above me

Past the freezing mountains
It beats with duress
And holds true 
To the coldest of winds

I look up at it now 
Hands grappled in dirt
Feet looked in earth
Chest heaving

And I lift myself
I exhale
And feel the power within
As strong as the sun

As bright as the moonlight night
Casting away shadows of grief 
Now I am
Bereft of weakness

For I am a son of the Stars 
Starchild 
With a burning heart
Awakened 

To live in everlasting frenzy 




No comments:

Post a Comment