Friday, April 28, 2017

Nights



Nigh


Birds fly by
in this forsaken land 
ive grown to trust 

A light shimmers 
under a moon
I once knew

For the faces 
that pass by in drovels
 are deserted

And unknown
My body a gift 
my mind 

a martyr 
A charter 
Higher art 

I sought farther
then my father
but lower

than my brother 
my friend 
lost in this foreign land

Whose life is forsaken
to be taken
and dismissed

While I live in infamy
And walk away
in treachery

Or her 
the little girl 
standing at the little house on the mountain 

Her pale blue eyes
Igniting me away
Like a roaring engine

So how am I forgotten? 
How am I truly forsaken? 
When I have a hopes

To have my voice ring and cry
my words shake and thunder

to be brought asunder






Is nigh impossible. 









No comments:

Post a Comment