Thursday, April 26, 2012

Peril


Fatal Peril
Twin Peril satisfy Blaq Masq's superb beats with up to par viper-like lyrical execution.


It's midnight and a torpid cloud of darkness looms over the castle town. A soothing wind pushes past the surrounding forest and settles within the city walls. In the tall grass I lie prone waiting,listening. And in an instant like a possessed shade I dart across the field and climb up the stone wall. None of the guards notice as I subtly eliminate them one by one, leaving their corpses to decay in a shadowy corner. My footsteps are indiscernible, my body cloaked in hues of gray and black, my movements vaporous.
Above dimly lit houses I leap with the fresh scent of blood wafting behind me and with nimble precision I slither into the Feudal Lord's quarters. Even if he is was to awake from his slumber he wouldn't be able to distinguish me from the ever-shifting shadows. And so I stand there cloaked, staring at my enemy in a state of callous satisfaction. How pleasant it must feel in his dream; to be blissfully at peace even on the verge of his death. And with an articulate stroke I swipe him clean of his voice and leave him sprawling on the floor, blood gushing from his neck. Then, without sound nor scruple I vanish like smoke into the forest wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment